LAWRENCE LEOW FONG PENG
Scope of Practice
General Corporate and Commercial, Banking and Finance, Shipping Laws.
Description of Practice
Lawrence previously practised with Messrs Skrine in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia as a member in the Shipping Litigation Department and Corporate/Conveyancing Department before establishing Messrs Hong & Fong with Hong Yeu.
Lawrence has acted for clients across a diversified range of industries and has advised clients on issues in relation to maritime law, international trading law, property law, corporate and commercial law and banking law. He also has extensive experience in conducting due diligence exercises in connection with mergers & acquisitions and capital markets fund raising exercise.
Representative Clients, Cases or Matters
- Acting for and advised a leading food industry an Australian company in restructuring their business and forming a franchising company.
- Acting for and advising a private company in the purchasing of precision engineering and heavy commercal verhicle division of a listed company in Malaysia.
- Acting for and advising a Malaysian private company in the acquisition of a stake in the automobile and precision engineering division of a leading Malaysian oil and gas conglomerate.
- Acting for and advising a German bank in Labuan in connection with providing a loan to a local listed shipping company for the purchase of vessels.
- Acting for and advising an international bank in relation to the standardisation of its loan and security documentation unit for its entire Malaysian operations.
- Advising a Malaysian banking and financial services group on the implementation of various structured products.
- Advising a world renowned Japanese oil and gas Company regarding the bailment issues in Port Klang.
- Acting for and advising the largest Malaysian shiping company in the acquisitions of vesels and shipbuilding contracts.
- Acting for a bank in financing a purchase of a Malaysian flight catering business from a local airline.
- Acting for eighteen banks in corporate debt restructuring of a listed company and negotiation with a white knight which intends to acquire the company.
- Advising several global banking groups on the feasibility of establishing various banking and offshore units in Malaysia.
- Advising an agriculture company on various aspects of its corporate restructuring including negotiations with the State Government and setting up joint venture companies.
- Advising companies on policies in relation to Human Resource and Administrative procedures for companies.
- Negotiate on behalf of apparel factories with the Sri Lankan Embassy and representative of the President from Sri Lankan regarding the strike of the workers and reinstatement of the workers.
- Representing a Malaysian garment manufacturer in negotiation with the government and union in Cambodia regarding Human Right Issues.
. LL.B(Hons), University of Wales, United Kingdom
. LL.M, University of Wales, United Kingdom.
Lawrence is admitted to practise in the following jurisdictions:
. Advocate & Solicitor, High Court of Malaya
. Barrister-at-law, Lincoln’s Inn