LIM HONG YEU
Scope of Practice
Conveyancing & Land Law, Banking & Finance, Family Law, Probate & Estate Administration, Commercial transaction matters.
Description of Practice
Hong Yeu joined Messrs Naqiz & Partners in 2005 as the partner in charge of offices in the State of Johor before establishing Messrs Hong & Fong with Lawrence.
He previously practised in Australia from 2001 to 2003, during which he advised clients on issues ranging from conveyancing and land matters, immigration law, international investment, franchising and intellectual property. Hong Yeu subsequently returned to Malaysia in 2003 and practised in a leading law firm in Johor with branches in several states.
His principal areas of practice are focused on foreign investment law, commercial property transactions and developments, trade practices, business planning, investment and development, corporations law and commercial banking & transactions.
He is also currently acting as an external legal advisor for numerous listed companies, property developers and corporations in Malaysia and overseas.
Representative Clients, Cases or Matters
- Being part of a team in the preparation of due diligence reports in the issuance of bonds by a financial institution as well as the listing of a manufacturing company on the Kuala Lumpur Stock Exchange.
- Acting for and advising a landowner in a joint venture agreement with a developer to develop a housing project.
- Co-acting with a Senior Counsel to arrange a tax planning in an investment for the French Corporation in Sydney, State of New South Wales.
- Acting for a semi-government China Corporation in investing and setting up steel businesses in Brisbane, State of Queensland, Australia.
- Acting for an Indonesian owned company in setting up an investment arm in Brisbane, State of Queensland.
- Acting for a Corporate Management in drafting the rules & regulations of the residents’ by-law.
- Acting for an immigrant in defending his rights of staying against the Minister of Immigration and Citizenship in Australia.
- Representing an Australian public listed company in the acquisition of a stake in a leading Malaysian property corporation and drafting and negotiating the sale & purchase and other agreements relating to the acquisition.
- Advising a Malaysian company on the formation of investment and joint venture businesses in Vietnam and Kingdom of Cambodia.
- Advising a Korean-owned multinational corporation in setting up business operation and investment in Malaysia.
- Negotiating on behalf of a large textile manufacturer in the acquisition of a stake in a high technology dying production line.
- Acting for a machinery trading corporation in negotiating for an exclusive distributorship in South East Asia with a leading machinery provider in Germany.
- Acting for a multinational industrial tools provider corporation in restructuring its wholesale and retail operations in Malaysia.
- Negotiating on behalf of a palm oil estate company in the acquisition of 30,000 acres of land in Johor.
- Advising a manufacturer on offshore financing in Labuan.
- Advising a Japanese corporation in starting up a distribution network in Malaysia.
- Collaborating with South African legal practitioners in defending a winding up petition in the High Court of South Africa.
. Bachelor of Laws (LL.B), Bond University, Australia.
. Graduate Diploma of Legal Practice, Bond University, Australia.
Hong Yeu is admitted to practise in the following jurisdictions:
. Advocate & Solicitor, High Court of Malaya
. Solicitor, Supreme Court of Queensland
. Solicitor, High Court of Australia
. Barrister & Solicitor, High Court of New Zealand