Datuk Lim Hong Yeu
Scope of Practice
Conveyancing & Land Law, Banking & Finance, Family Law, Probate & Estate Administration, Commercial transaction matters, Intellectual Property, Company Law and Taxation & Investment.
Description of Practice
Datuk Lim Hong Yeu joined Messrs Naqiz & Partners in 2005 as the partner in charge of offices in the State of Johor before establishing Messrs HONG & FONG with Dato’ Lawrence.
Datuk Lim previously practiced in Australia from 2001 to 2003, during which he advised clients on issues ranging from conveyancing and land matters, immigration law, international investment, franchising and intellectual property. Datuk Lim subsequently returned to Malaysia in 2003 and practiced in a leading law firm in Johor with branches in several states.
Datuk Lim’s principal areas of practice are focused on foreign investment law, commercial property transactions and developments, trade practices, business
planning, investment and development, corporation law and commercial banking & transactions.
Datuk Lim is also currently acting as an external legal advisor for numerous listed companies, property developers and corporations in Malaysia and overseas.
Representative Clients, Cases or Matters
Australia & New Zealand
- Being part of a team in the preparation of due diligence reports in the issuance of bonds by a financial institution as well as the listing of a manufacturing
company on the Kuala Lumpur Stock Exchange.
- Acting for and advising a landowner in a joint venture agreement with a developer to develop a housing project.
- Co-acting with a Senior Counsel to arrange a tax planning in an investment for the French Corporation in Sydney, State of New South Wales.
- Acting for a semi-government China Corporation in investing and setting up steel businesses in Brisbane, State of Queensland, Australia.
- Acting for an Indonesian owned company in setting up an investment arm in Brisbane, State of Queensland.
- Acting for a Corporate Management in drafting the rules & regulations of the residents’ by-law.
- Acting for an immigrant in defending his rights of staying against the Minister of Immigration and Citizenship in Australia.
- Representing an Australian public listed company in the acquisition of a stake in a leading Malaysian property corporation and drafting and negotiating the sale & purchase and other agreements relating to the acquisition.
- Advising a Malaysian company on the formation of investment and joint venture businesses in Vietnam and Kingdom of Cambodia.
- Advising a Korean-owned multinational corporation in setting up business operation and investment in Malaysia.
- Negotiating on behalf of a large textile manufacturer in the acquisition of a stake in a high technology dying production line.
- Acting for a machinery trading corporation in negotiating for an exclusive distributorship in South East Asia with a leading machinery provider in Germany.
- Acting for a multinational industrial tools provider corporation in restructuring its wholesale and retail operations in Malaysia.
- Negotiating on behalf of a palm oil estate company in the acquisition of 30,000 acres of land in Johor.
- Advising a manufacturer on offshore financing in Labuan.
- Advising a Japanese corporation in starting up a distribution network in Malaysia.
- Collaborating with South African legal practitioners in defending a winding up petition in the High Court of South Africa.
- Bachelor of Laws (LL.B), Bond University, Australia
- Graduate Diploma of Legal Practice, Bond University, Australia
Datuk Lim is admitted to practice in the following jurisdictions:
- Advocate & Solicitor, High Court of Malaya
- Solicitor, Supreme Court of Queensland
- Solicitor, High Court of Australia
- Barrister & Solicitor, High Court of New Zealand
Professional & Qualification
- Registered Trademark Agent with Intellectual Property Corporation of Malaysia (MyIPO)
- Registered Industrial Design Agent with Intellectual Property Corporation of Malaysia (MyIPO)
- Registered Company Secretary with Companies Commission of Malaysia (CCM)